Happy Valentine’s Day! I wish you the experience of love in all your days.
How do you define or describe Love? I like this description, found in the Bible:
4 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller, Author
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu, Philosopher
- “Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein, Author
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry Van Dyke, Author
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford, Businessman
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – Wiliam Shakespeare, Poet
- “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning, Poet
Have a happy Valentine’s Day filled with love.
Judith Vander Wege